Sunday, October 17, 2010

Phase 2 begins - Eskisehir



The two weeks of training come to an end. It has been a month since we arrived, and it is time for everyone to say goodbye to Ankara and move on to our next destination. For me, that is Eskisehir, about an hr and a half south west of Ankara by train. I am met by my contact person, Dr. Zulal Balpinar, who has been amazing throughout the summer by keeping in contact with me and being very flexible. She sends a research assistant to meet me at the train station and bring me to my new place in the Acik Ogretmenligi buidling. I am the first and the only tenant in the whole building! It is a little creepy at first, but after Zulal and Suheyla take me for a tour of the town and to dinner and a chat, I feel greatly relieved.

No comments:

Post a Comment